In this policy, "user" refers to persons registered on our website "www.therappo.com". This includes patients and Counsellors, psychotherapists and medical practitioners.
is a website owned by Expertease Platforms Private Limited having its registered office at Mumbai.
The website www.therappo.comis an intermediary providing a platform to connect people facing depression and other mental health related issues to Counsellors, psychotherapists and medical practitioners who would provide their services through the secure video chat platform provided by Therappo. The patients can select the Counsellor, psychotherapist and medical practitioner whose services they wish to avail and book an appointment for the video consultation of a 45 minutes slot. The users will receive confirmation with respect to the appointment and will have to make payment for the same online and the entire interaction is governed by the terms and conditions of this website, which the user expressly agrees to be bound by.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and users; this policy sets out how we will treat the user's personal information.
This Policy supplements the "Terms and Conditions" (the "Agreement"). Thus, this Policy is incorporated into and governed by all of the terms of the Agreement. In the event of any conflict between the terms of the Agreement and thisPolicy, the terms of this Policy shall have an over-riding effect.
- The web server used by our website uses an extended log file format which captures: date and time of visit, referring address (location from which a visitor comes to our website), type of Internet browser, and visitor's IP address (Each computer that connects to the Internet is assigned a unique number, an IP address, for identification purposes).
- We may collect store and use the following kinds of personal information.
- Information about the user's computer and about the user's visits to and use of this website (including the user's IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and other information collected by Google Analytics or any other analytical tool.
- Information relating to any data entered into website by user.
- Information that the patient provides to us for the purpose of registering with us (including the user's personal information, company details, the user's address and the user's contact information, past medical history, etc.)
- Details of Counsellors, psychotherapists and medical practitioners, like speacialization, mobile number, address, medical certificates, licences and scanned copy of degrees, etc;which is provided by them for the purpose of registration with Therappo.
- Any other information that the user chooses to send to us.
- We store the user's preferences for their convenience, to provide them with a more personalized experience.
- The User may request to cancel their registration. to the site or request the removal of their registered information from member records by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org which permission may or may not be granted. However, www.therappo.com will send you an email to confirm your request. After you respond,the Company will in most cases, remove your information from its "live" database, but residual information may remain in archives and records. In addition, if user account is being terminated for violations of the Agreement,the Company may keep some of the user registration information active to prevent re-registration.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use the session cookies to: keep track of the user whilst the user navigates the website; keep track of activities of the user's selected services portfolio; prevent fraud and increase website security. We use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognize the user when the user visits; keep track of the user's preferences in relation to the use of our website.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from the user's computer when the user closes his browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on the user's computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We may use the user's personal information to:
- Administer the website.
- Improve the user's browsing experience by personalizing the website.
- Enable the user's use of the services available on the website.
- Send the user marketing commercial communications consented to by the user by virtue of agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Send the user email notifications, which the user has specifically requested.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about the user relating to the website.
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
- Send the user transaction related information.
Where the user submits personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license the user grants to us.
We shall also disclose User's personal information if it is mandatory for us to do so under Indian Laws or in compliance of an Order/Judgement by a Court of competent jurisdiction.
In addition, we may disclose the user's personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the user's personal information. We store all the personal information the user provides to us on our secure (Encrypted, password- and firewall- protected) servers. The user is responsible for keeping the user's password and user details confidential. We will never ask the user for the user's password (except when the user log in to the website). We shall never send the user any emails requesting the user to make online payments, any transaction undertaken by the user in response to such phishing emails shall be at the user's own risk, and we shall not be liable for the same.
- A user may instruct us to provide him with any personal information we hold about him. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The supply of appropriate evidence of his identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of the user's passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing the user's current address).
- We keep the user's information for as long as the user's account is active or as per our internal policies. However, in case of direction by Court or legal authorities, we shall retain the user's information for a longer period as may be stipulated by the authorities.
- It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that the personal information provided to us is updated. If the personal information which we hold about the user needs to be corrected or updated, then the user is required to make the requisite changes at the earliest.
- The Company may allow users to register or login via social media or any other third party sources, such as, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yahoo, or Google, etc. The Company may collect “Personally Identifiable Information”, which includes but is not limited to, name, age, gender, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, Company Name, Mobile Number , Fixed Line Number, Pan Card Number , Service tax registration or other background information provided by the user, or by any third party regarding the user relating to the user’s Web-activity or other information that can be used to contact the user or identify the user as an individual rather than an automated software. Information availed through third party sources are subject to permissions and licenses as granted by the third party. The company may require its users to furnish additional information as may be required to improve user experience or improve our services. Users registering from external or third party Websites may be required to furnish additional information to register, subscribe to or signup for our services.
- The company employs several third party specialist companies and persons to perform specific tasks on our behalf for which the company may need to share your personally identifiable information with them to provide some or all of products or services for which the user may have subscribed for. Unless the company informs the user otherwise, our agents do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us in performing such tasks efficiently. Such services may include, but are not limited to, mail courier services, email delivery services and money transaction services, etc.
- Therappo understands that it is dealing with the sensitive personal data and information of patients, which are provided by the patient for availing the services of Counsellors, psychotherapists and medical practitioners registered on the website. Therappo employs the best level of cyber security as per industry standards and is ISO 27001 compliant and undertakes privacy audits periodically to provide the patients a safe and secure experience on the website. Therappo is compliant with the Intermediary Guidelines and Reasonable Security Practices and Rules under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- The website uses industry-standard methods of securing its databases of user information and data shared on the website by users, such as, if and where appropriate, firewalls and limits on who can access user information databases. However, please keep in mind that there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet.